SED has developed a highly capable team of engineers and scientists with specialties in systems, software, electronic, and electronic packaging. This team has the skills to fully address the requirements of all SED's product range. Our Engineering Department is structured into key technical groups as follows:
- We have significant experience in a broad range of satellite systems, including satellite radio, payload testing, network design, and resource allocation and optimization. Our Systems Engineering team works closely with our Hardware and Software teams to provide cohesive solutions.
- Our satellite system capabilities are complemented by comprehensive earth station design expertise. SED has provided communications and TT&C systems for low earth orbit to deep space missions, with antenna sizes up to 35 meters and frequencies up to Ka-band.
- Systems Engineering is deeply involved in all phases of our projects, starting from up-front requirements analysis and design, to integration and test, followed by installation and training. Operations planning and support can also be provided.
- SED’s experienced Systems Engineering team works closely with our customers to develop and refine system requirements. Extensive system analysis tools and capabilities ensure the delivery of an optimized design anywhere in the world.
- Full capability in C++, Java, C, C#, Python
- Extensive O/S experience with Linux and Windows
- Database experience with Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Software development process certified to ISO-9001
- Extensive experience developing embedded, real-time software
- SED Provided Tools include: Agile style war-rooms, administered servers hosting source code repositories, defect tracking system, project wiki and libraries of SED developed and 3rd party reusable software.
- RF circuit and system design
- RF/IF switchbanks
- Microprocessor and DSP circuit Design
- Modem Design
- Upconverter and downconverter design
- Microprocessor and DSP circuit design
- M&C subsystem design
- Printed circuit board design
- Unit-level packaging
- System integration design
- Racking assembly
- System cable sets
- CAD tools include AutoCad, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, DxDesigner, PADS Power PCB, ADS, Genesys, Xilinc ISE, and Matlab
- Production of deliverable documentation
- Document archiving and reproduction
- Data Management
- identifying contractual requirements
- CDRL maintenance
- monitoring and compiling SED-generated contract data
- handling vendor-supplied documentation